What is Email Automation?
Using email or marketing automation software allows you to send email messages based on established rules and personalize them based on the actions your consumers take—or don’t take.
Some examples of automated welcome emails sent after a customer joins a mailing list, comparable product recommendations following a user’s purchase on your site, or a brief reminder that the customer put something in their cart but didn’t complete the checkout process.
Email automation eliminates time-consuming activities from your to-do list, allowing you to focus on more important tasks like replying to customer inquiries. It can assist clients in learning more about your company, encouraging them to return, or reminding them of why they originally purchased from you.
In other words, email automation is a method of delivering automatic emails to the right individuals with the correct message at the right time, without having to do the work each time, using a marketing automation platform.
Why is lead nurturing important through email automation?
Lead nurturing through email automation is important. It aids in creating a relationship with your leads. Because not all leads are ready to buy as soon as they arrive on your site, lead nurturing via email marketing is critical. Nurturing those new subscribers entails guiding them through the sales funnel, which email marketing is ideal for.
Leads should be nurtured with suitable material to ensure they grasp the value of your solution before sales teams contact them to enhance close rates, eliminate lost sales time, and shorten the sales cycle.
Using automated lead nurturing as part of an inbound campaign, on the other hand, guarantees that all leads receive prompt responses and are automatically provided the appropriate information. In this way no lead goes unnoticed, and no content is squandered.Lead nurturing automation also enables methodical monitoring of lead engagements with your content and website, as well as exact identification of that lead’s stage in the marketing funnel.
What to do to run smooth email automation?
To ensure that your email automation runs well, whatever you learn about your customers might help you decide what to do next when it comes to targeting your automated emails. Try an alternative tactic if your recipients aren’t opening your discount emails or clicking on your recommendations. Every time you send an automated email, you have the opportunity to collect vital information from each consumer. Tracking details such as who opens the email or clicks on the CTA, for example, aids in improved targeting.
Creating automated drip campaigns can be effective. Since, before becoming a customer, some people interact with your firm multiple times. Through this drip campaigns we can provide them with relevant and informative content about the company, brand or industry.
What are the best email automation tools?
Some of the best email automation tools are –
- 1. Sendinblue
- 2. Mailchimp
- 3. Mailjet
- 4. Drip
- 5. ConvertKit
- 6. Infusionsoft
- 7. Zoho
What are the steps in email automation?
The basic steps to follow to run an email automation are:
- 1. Creating a contact list and collect data about your target demographic.
- 2. Designing and run campaigns.
- 3. Monitoring customers’ behavior.
- 4. Improving segmentation of target groups
- 5. Examination of marketing and sales productivity
- 6. Sketching a flowchart for nurturing leads carefully and engaging them.
The below image describes the steps to be taken for implementation of email marketing automation.
Now moving on on to email campaigns workflow here are few examples:
This is an example of basic automated email workflow.
This dynamic lead nurturing campaign workflow shows a more dynamic approach regarding what step to take when leads do not take certain actions like not clicking on the CTA.
Now what if someone does not open the email or click on the CTA, then there are a couple of alternative options to consider:
Steps to take to increase open rates
- 1. Changing the subject line and rewrite it to make it more appealing
- 2. Make sure the opening 50 characters of your email entice someone to open it.
- 3. In your email, use customization.
- 4. Send emails during times when your recipients are most likely to read them.
- 5. Make your emails mobile responsive
Steps to take to optimize CTA
- 1. Use action oriented CTA
- 2. Keep the CTA short
- 3. Adding a sense of urgency to your call to action
Advantages of email automation?
Here are some of the advantages of using email automation –
- Email automation is self-contained and does not necessitate human involvement.
- Nurture causes them to be more receptive.
- Relevant to the recipient of the email
- Boost brand recognition
- Prospects will benefit from better personalization.
- A well-thought-out email strategy can be executed
- Errors will be less likely.
- You’ll have more time to focus on other things if you save time.
- Helps to reduce cost
- Increase your company’s revenue
- Better segmentation and targeting
- More detailed reporting to keep existing customers interested
- One gets to learn more about their customers.